OVER $60 MILLION SAVED SO FAR!
In 2011, voters from over 100 municipalities in Illinois authorized their local governments to develop and launch a municipal aggregation known as the Central & Southern Illinois Municipal Aggregation program. It combines, or aggregates, all eligible Ameren Illinois electricity accounts within their respective jurisdictional boundaries to create large buying groups of residential and small business electricity accounts. Aggregation generates economies of scale and creates tremendous purchasing leverage with Alternative Retail Energy Suppliers (ARES), resulting in the ability for municipalities to offer lower supply rates for participating residents and small businesses. This type of bulk-purchasing is very similar to the ways big-box stores operate – buy in large volumes and pass the associated savings on to customers. Is your community participating?
Since 2012 when the Program launched, over 60 million dollars have been saved when compared to Ameren default electric supply. In December 2020, the Program will renew for the sixth consecutive time, having achieved among the lowest aggregation rates since 2014, with one of two suppliers.
- The Program rate will remain fixed and will not change over the duration of the term selected by the municipality (18 or 24 months). This provides protection from volatile electricity prices.
- You will be automatically enrolled in the Program, but may opt out of the Program without penalty prior to launch.
- You may also leave the Program at anytime without penalty.
- The Program is operated under the due diligence of a municipally-organized process.
- Ameren will continue to deliver your electricity with the same quality of service. You will only receive one bill from Ameren.
- Small businesses that use 15,000 kilowatt-hours (kWh) or less are eligible to participate and will also be enrolled automatically.
- You may still participate in Ameren’s Budget Billing program.
- Several of the communities listed will offer a product that has up to 100% renewable energy content.